Backend / API Engineer
At Textile, we’re looking for passion, integrity, and an experimental mindset. We welcome rigorous thinkers who can move quickly, learn continuously, and thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace—join us.
Textile's mission is to accelerate the exchange of information on the Internet. We are a small, fully remote team aligned in our vision to change the relationship between technology and data.
What we are building
Tableland is a network and SQL protocol for EVM chains like Ethereum. It is built for developers.
What you’ll do
Example areas of work
- You’ll work mainly in the go-tableland repository, implementing protocol changes from our spec.
- You’ll also work in our custom go-sqlparser repository which implements a custom SQL language for the protocol.
- You’ll participate in our protocol spec discussions to analyze future changes in the protocol.
- You’ll research leading technologies and develop research documents and proposals for development, optionally speaking and presenting to different communities
- Collaborate with the team working in the frontend to understand their needs while calling validator APIs.
- Maintain up to date documentation for the validator and communicate with our external validators community to help them run go-tableland in their own infrastructure.
- Participate in Discord chats with our community to answer questions regarding using and running a validator.
- You’ll help maintain our internal cloud infrastructure that runs multiple validators with analytics and monitoring stacks.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements—you are encouraged to apply even if you only have a subset of the preferred qualifications.
- Previous experience in Web3
- Good knowledge of the Ethereum protocol and L2s
- A detailed understanding of validators, blockchains, the EVM, and tokenomics
- Previous experience using Ethereum node APIs
- Technical skills
- Programming in Go for at least 2 years
- Experience configuring and deploying to cloud infrastructure
- Great attention to detail on building reliable software
- Interest in Web3 protocol design
- Interest in software and infrastructure security
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-directed with comfort working independently or with collaborators
- Previous experience building an open-source protocol
- Deep knowledge on how SQLite works
- Deep knowledge about different Ethereum scaling solutions
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT -8 to GMT +1 (North America, South America, Central Europe). While being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of overlap as a team.
Learn more about us at https://github.com/tablelandnetwork, https://tableland.xyz, @tableland__, and https://textile.io.
Something looks off?