Customer Operations Manager (m/f/d)
Pitch is the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams. With a focus on real-time collaboration, smart workflows, and intuitive design features, we make it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Our presentation and template galleries give everyone the ability to publish their own standout work, learn from one another, and find the creative spark for their next presentation. Tens of thousands of teams have made the switch to Pitch, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion. We’ve raised over $135 million to date, and have been recognized by FT-backed Sifted as Europe's Top B2B Soonicorn in 2022. And we’re just getting started.
As the Customer Operations Manager at Pitch you’ll be part of our Customer Success team and will be responsible for the tools and processes that help us support our customers and grow our revenue. The role will allow you to shape Pitch’s ways of working with customers from the inside out and have a tangible impact on customer experience as well as revenue generation. You’ll take ownership of our complex customer management tooling landscape and make improvements that you identify yourself as well as those required for new initiatives we’re working on as a team. If you’re passionate about building processes and enabling colleagues and customers with the right tools, we’d love to talk to you!
What you'll do:
- Own the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of tools used by Customer Success and other customer-facing teams (primarily Braze, Hubspot, and Intercom)
- Collaborate with relevant teams to establish, drive, and maintain best practices in processes and customer-facing activities, such as lifecycle and sales pipeline management
- Work directly with our customer success managers to implement lifecycle campaigns delivering the right customer message, at the right time, in ways that help and delight our customers and drive retention and expansion of Pitch’s Pro workspaces
- Identify opportunities for process and workflow improvement by understanding each stakeholder's workflows, proactively sharing insights, and making suggestions
- Work with our data engineering team to feed information about customers into other relevant tools, using integrations like Segment, Hightouch, or Zapier
- Partner with the analytics team to analyse and interpret revenue-related data to identify trends, patterns, and insights in order to optimize processes and uncover growth opportunities
- Ensure tools used by customer-facing teams are managed in a compliant and secure way to ensure we always put the security of customer data first
Who we are looking for:
- You find joy in understanding and resolving the challenges of customer-facing teams in order to improve the overall customer experience and optimize revenue generation.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in a technical operations role, for example in revenue or sales operations, or customer relationship management (CRM).
- You’ve worked closely with customer success, sales, and/or marketing teams, and have a deep understanding of their processes, business objectives, and typical challenges.
- Ideally, you have ****knowledge of lead generation, funnel management, sales forecasting, pricing strategies, and marketing automation.
- You’re familiar with CRM tools like Braze, Hubspot, Intercom, or similar. You’ve set these tools up from scratch or are able to deeply understand and improve existing setups. It would be great if you’ve also worked with tools like Segment, Hightouch, or Zapier.
- You have solid experience in writing maintainable and readable SQL, and are proficient in data analysis and interpretation.
- You’re familiar with using APIs, webhooks or other tools to develop modular workflows.
- You're a self-starter and proactive in your approach to problems. You have a vision for what you want to achieve, work in an organized way, and document what you do.
- You're a strong communicator and enjoy working cross-functionally with different teams.
- You work independently, and effectively in a remote team (potentially) spread over several timezones. Your main stakeholders are based in Germany, therefore, a significant timezone overlap is required for your working hours.
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. For more specifics on how we honour our commitment to diversity in our hiring process, check out our Recruiting D&I Pledge.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
Not quite sure whether that's a role for you? No problem! If you can't find any open role that caught your eye, but are interested in working at Pitch, you can always submit your resume here. We will follow up as soon as we open up a position that matches your skillset and aspirations!