Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Pitch is the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams. With a focus on real-time collaboration, smart workflows, and intuitive design features, we make it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Our presentation and template galleries give everyone the ability to publish their own standout work, learn from one another, and find the creative spark for their next presentation. Tens of thousands of teams have made the switch to Pitch, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion. We’ve raised over $135 million to date, and have been recognized by FT-backed Sifted as Europe's Top B2B Soonicorn in 2022. And we’re just getting started.
Our ambition is to build a best-in-class data infrastructure to scale the Product-Led Growth SaaS company that is Pitch - therefore we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer for our growing centralized Data Engineering team. Our mission is to deliver a lean and reliable data foundation that enables informed decision making for our many internal customers across Finance, Customer Operations, Sales, Marketing and more.
We are in the middle of a migration, and our Data Warehouse and transformation pipelines are still on a nascent state. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be contributing to our key goal of setting up a data platform foundation that will scale with the business. You will help evolve Pitch and the infrastructure it uses to make sure that decisions can always be driven by high quality data.
Future and current challenges involve scalability and experimentation and driving substantial change in the way we make better and more informed decisions.
What you'll get to do:
- Plan and support the buildout of our Snowflake data warehouse, and future-proof it for scale.
- Leverage the right tools to enable the team to build a lean infrastructure that delivers testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions.
- Take the lead on implementing best practices with regards to moving infrastructure from vendor-based to in-house or open-source.
- Integrate data ingestion tools and automate data quality checks.
- Implement and own our data warehouse management and other systems' monitoring.
- Play a lead role in contributing to our experimentation tooling.
What you should bring:
- At least 3-5 years' experience with Data Warehouse Management and/or Cloud Platform development, ideally within a product-minded SaaS or Tech company.
- Experience in pipeline orchestration using modern Big Data tools and architectures.
- Deep understanding of Data Warehouse management with Snowflake, Redshift and/or BigQuery.
- Solid cloud platform experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Infrastructure as code experience with CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Exposure to DevOps workflows.
- Proficiency in Python for data processing, and SQL for building data transformation.
- Strong interest in working on foundational infrastructure and automation practices.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, product-led growth SaaS company.
- Strong cross-functional working and communication skills, and the ability to work within a centralized team.
- Growth-focused and product-minded attitude.
- You've built out data infrastructure from scratch (or nearly from scratch) at a fast-growing startup.
- Experience working with events and its definition (schema registry)
- Experience with data catalog, data lineage and data discovery solutions
- Experience with data integration tools like Fivetran or Airbyte.
- Experience with orchestration technologies Airflow or Luigi.
- Experience with behavioural analytics tools (either internal or 3rd-party tools such as Google Analytics, Snowplow, Segment or Amplitude).
- Experience with reverse ELT tools like Hightouch or Census.
- Experience with experimentation frameworks.
- Experience with dbt.
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. For more specifics on how we honour our commitment to diversity in our hiring process, check out our Recruiting D&I Pledge.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
Not quite sure whether that's a role for you? No problem! If you can't find any open role that caught your eye, but are interested in working at Pitch, you can always submit your resume here. We will follow up as soon as we open up a position that matches your skillset and aspirations!