Cloud Engineer (m/f/d)
Pitch is the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams. With a focus on real-time collaboration, smart workflows, and intuitive design features, we make it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Our presentation and template galleries give everyone the ability to publish their own standout work, learn from one another, and find the creative spark for their next presentation. Tens of thousands of teams have made the switch to Pitch, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion. We’ve raised over $135 million to date, and have been recognized by FT-backed Sifted as Europe's Top B2B Soonicorn in 2022. And we’re just getting started.
At Pitch, our product is built for the cloud and on top of the cloud. As such our Cloud Engineering team is crucial to our product development teams, providing the building blocks for self-service, secure, reliable, observable, and cost-effective infrastructure to power their development, experimentation and product needs. As a Cloud Engineer, you will help steer the Pitch ship in its journey towards observability and flexibility and ensure that we continue to improve our product in a fast and reliable way. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of projects across all engineering teams, within a company that is focused on delivering a great product to the user. Keep reading if you’d like to know more!
What you'll get to do:
- Work on our tooling and infrastructure-as-code capabilities, pairing up with engineers in the Cloud Engineering and other teams to solve problems.
- Deliver on a holistic view of what teams need to autonomously maintain their infrastructure. We want to go beyond the creation of infrastructure and include things such as automated monitoring and alerting, documentation and architecture diagrams and more.
- Collaborate with teams across the company on anything that touches the backend and its supporting infrastructure. We assist teams in adopting our tools and through it move us closer to the idea of “you build it, you run it”.
And you have the following skills, experience, and mindsets:
- Prior experience working in a team that manages and deploys its own production services
- Experience with running production workloads on AWS using managed services like Lambda, Elastic Container Service, and/or Aurora / RDS (relational database)
- Experience in managing production infrastructure using an Infrastructure-as-Code solution
- A “cloud native” mindset. We build for the cloud and on top of the cloud, we’re not running or shifting existing/traditional workloads to the cloud
- A service oriented mindset. We’re building solutions to make other teams within the company successful. We only succeed if our products support their needs
- A collaboration mindset. We work together a lot in this team, pairing is our default for many tasks. We also often work together with members of other teams on tasks and as a way to teach, drive adoption and spread knowledge
It's a bonus, but not a must, if you also have:
- Experience with AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM), AWS Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation
- Worked with AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) or Pulumi
- Used Datadog before as part of the observability strategy for production workloads
- Worked in Clojure or another Functional Programming language
Curious what it's like to work at Pitch? Find out more about how Pitch operates as a remote-first company through using powerful collaboration tools and dogfooding our own products!
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. For more specifics on how we honour our commitment to diversity in our hiring process, check out our Recruiting D&I Pledge.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
Not quite sure whether that's a role for you? No problem! If you can't find any open role that caught your eye, but are interested in working at Pitch, you can always submit your resume here. We will follow up as soon as we open up a position that matches your skillset and aspirations!
Something looks off?