Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Pitch is the collaborative presentation platform for modern teams. With a focus on real-time collaboration, smart workflows, and intuitive design features, we make it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations. Our presentation and template galleries give everyone the ability to publish their own standout work, learn from one another, and find the creative spark for their next presentation. Tens of thousands of teams have made the switch to Pitch, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion. We’ve raised over $135 million to date, and have been recognized by FT-backed Sifted as Europe's Top B2B Soonicorn in 2022. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of Pitch’s core product teams. You'll join a cross-functional team to build features that supercharge our users’ ability to communicate their ideas. If you're interested in pushing the boundaries of browser-based interfaces to solve tangible problems, love functional programming, and want to be part of a diverse, remote-first team of visionaries, we'd love to hear from you!
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work. For further reading on our team's values, check out our Engineering Principles.
What you’ll get to do
- You will join a team of experienced developers building high impact features for our users driven by design, user research, and metrics. Your work will be mostly be frontend focussed but you will be expected to occasionally work on backend services, tooling, and infrastructure.
- You will collaborate with peers to define architecture, quality standards, and best practices.
- You will work closely with our designers, teaming up in small cross-functional teams to bring features from idea to prototype to final implementation with a high degree of autonomy.
Who we are looking for
- You love shipping Single Page Applications and bringing delightful user interactions to life.
- You ensure code quality and system security through automation, unit testing and structured code reviews.
- You are product oriented, combining thoughtfulness with pragmatism and a will to get stuff done. You are calm and focused under pressure, and consider work-life balance essential for long-term happiness and productivity.
- You are proficient in a backend programming language like Clojure (or equivalents such as Golang, Python, or Node.js)
- You enjoy breaking complex tasks down into small deliverables and iterating with a focus on a delightful user experience
- You believe effective and successful work is made possible by clear and honest communication, with a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don't fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. For more specifics on how we honour our commitment to diversity in our hiring process, check out our Recruiting D&I Pledge.
Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team's best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!
Not quite sure whether that's a role for you? No problem! If you can't find any open role that caught your eye, but are interested in working at Pitch, you can always submit your resume here. We will follow up as soon as we open up a position that matches your skillset and aspirations!