Development Manager - Ecosystems (Americas/EMEA)
Founded in 2015 with the mission to protect the open economy, OpenZeppelin is the world leader in securing blockchain applications and smart contracts.
Its bedrock open source Contract Libraries are a public good and industry standard for smart contract development.
OpenZeppelin’s professional expertise, unified with the Defender developer security platform, integrates through clients’ development lifecycles, so teams can plan, code, audit, deploy and operate projects faster and more safely.
The Development Team ❤️
The Ecosystem Development Manager will be responsible to manage teams that work on software design, development, testing and support for ecosystem open source projects funded by OpenZeppelin partners which includes leading L1s and L2s, including EVM and non-EVM platforms. You will be part of OpenZeppelin’s recognized software development team responsible for the widely adopted OpenZeppelin Contracts, Wizard, and Defender.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a highly skilled and self-driven Development Manager. This is an exciting new role that will help manage the ecosystem open source development work that OpenZeppelin does for leading L1s and L2s.
You will manage multiple small teams of developers working on ecosystem open source projects, and you will be responsible for project management, efficiency, quality of delivery, and all aspects of people management, including performance management and hiring. You will work with the developers and ecosystem teams as well as other internal OpenZeppelin stakeholders to coordinate development plans, and establish and track processes for quality and security. This position will report to the CTO.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with developers, the CTO, and ecosystem teams to organize work plans
- Tracking and reporting of all activity for ecosystem development and releases
- Identifying ways to automate and improve efficiency, quality, and security
- People management for multiple distributed team of developers
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years in software development management leading a team of 10+ people.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills in a collaborative and remote team environment.
Nice to have (optional)
- Familiarity with blockchain and web3 technology
- Experience working on open source projects
- Experience working in a small company or start-up
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (45 minutes)
- Team Member Call (45 minutes)
- Leadership Call (30 minutes)
- Ecosystem Team Call (30 minutes)
- Advisor Leader Call (30 minutes)
- Paid work test (lasting up to 10 days)
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
Please note: Always refer to OpenZeppelin's official job page for the most accurate information about our open roles, as we have seen multiple third party job sites posting inaccurate information.
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!