Open Source Developer - Rust/Smart Contracts
Founded in 2015 with the mission to protect the open economy, OpenZeppelin is the world leader in securing blockchain applications and smart contracts.
Its bedrock open source Contract Libraries are a public good and industry standard for smart contract development.
OpenZeppelin’s professional expertise, unified with the Defender developer security platform, integrates through clients’ development lifecycles, so teams can plan, code, audit, deploy and operate projects faster and more safely.
What you'll be doing
As a Software Developer, you will join our team that works on open source libraries for Rust smart contracts, for use on multiple blockchain platforms such as Arbitrum Stylus, Solana, or Cosmos. This library will offer similar capabilities to those found in the widely adopted OpenZeppelin Contracts library. We are looking for developers who have strength in Rust development and are familiar with smart contracts written in Rust, Solidity, or other smart contract programming languages.
In this role, you will play an essential part in designing and implementing new library modules, communicating with smart contract developers and blockchain network community members to gather feedback, and working collaboratively with other members of the development team to make sure our open source library meets developer needs and expectations. You will be responsible for library coding, testing, documentation, and security. You may also participate in open source tools development to assist developers using our library.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of Rust programming experience.
- Professional experience developing Rust smart contracts.
- Interested in or knowledgeable about Ethereum L1s and L2s.
- Strong desire to further your education about and contribute to the blockchain space.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Experience developing smart contracts, especially in Rust.
- Good understanding of security concerns in the Ethereum ecosystem.
This is a 100% remote position with no travel required but we are only hiring in the following time zone range:
- UTC -7 to UTC +3
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (45 minutes)
- Team Interview (1 hour)
- Leadership Interview (45 minutes)
- Paid work test (up to 10 days to complete the assignment)
- Reference checks
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
Please note: Always refer to OpenZeppelin's official job page for the most accurate information about our open roles, as we have seen multiple third party job sites posting inaccurate information.
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!