Data Engineer (LATAM/EMEA)
Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations including Aave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
The Data Analytics Team ❤️
We are seeking a highly skilled and self-driven Data Engineer to join a new Analytics team within OpenZeppelin. This is an exciting new role that will help build the foundation for all data-analytics projects in the future. The Data Analytics team’s goal is to empower data-driven decision-making across the organization and drive us closer to our mission of protecting the open economy.
As a Data Engineer, you will take ownership of designing and setting up new database systems and ETL processes to support various internal operations such as Marketing, Talent, Sales, Product, and Contracts. Your typical workday will involve close collaboration with multiple teams ensuring seamless and accurate ingestion, storage, and transformation of data for analysis and reporting purposes.
As the first data engineer, you will also help establish best practices and processes for data management. Understanding the delicate balance between shipping fast and embracing automation will be key to achieving success in this role.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the end-to-end ownership of the ELT process, from data extraction to loading and transformation, enabling efficient data flow for analytical and operational needs.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements, and proactively address their data engineering needs.
- Utilize your data architecture expertise to optimize data models and storage structures, supporting scalability and performance for rapid growth.
- Establish best practices and processes for data management and future ML workflows
- Mentor and educate other OpenZeppellin colleagues on best data practices
- 3+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience scraping and extracting data from many different sources and formats
- Experience with AWS cloud-based data storage and processing solutions (Athena, S3, Glue, Lamdba, DynamoDB)
- Experience with mid-level data engineering projects, showcasing a proactive and self-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query language like SQL
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Terraform, CI/CD frameworks
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills in a collaborative and remote team environment.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and Etherscan data, enabling efficient data extraction and analysis.
- Experience with data governance
- Any other AWS services experience
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (45mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (45mins)
- Team Interview (60mins)
- Leadership Interview (30mins)
- Paid work test (Lasting up to 5 days)
- Reference checks
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!