Finance Controller (EMEA)
Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations including Aave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
The Finance Team
At OpenZeppelin we believe in the power of crypto to transform the world of finance. As a member of our remote finance team, you will have the opportunity to work with a great team with the mission to help protect the open economy. We value collaboration, innovation, and a passion for learning, and we offer a flexible, remote work environment that allows you to work from anywhere in the world.
As the company’s Finance Controller you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the company, including accounting, reporting, tax compliance and payments among others. You must be knowledgeable in both US and UK GAAP and tax regulations and have experience working in the crypto industry.
What you'll be doing
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, and financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with UK GAAP and tax regulations as they relate to cryptocurrency
- Prepare and review financial statements for accuracy and completeness, including statements that reflect the use of cryptocurrencies and tokens
- Oversee tax compliance, including the preparation and filing of tax returns and managing tax audits related to cryptocurrency transactions
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure effective internal controls for cryptocurrency transactions
- Manage finance operations, including payments, procurements, and controls
- Work with the VP of Finance and other members of the finance team to develop and manage the company's budget and forecast, including accounting for cryptocurrency holdings and transactions
- Oversee the implementation of financial systems and processes to support the company's growth and expansion in the cryptocurrency industry
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in accounting or finance, with a minimum of 2 years in a management position
- Experience with UK GAAP and tax regulations as they relate to cryptocurrency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure
- Experience with ERP systems and financial reporting tools
Nice to have
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in the cryptocurrency industry, including experience with emerging blockchain protocols and decentralized applications
- Experience with cryptocurrency accounting and reporting, including knowledge of cryptocurrency-specific accounting standards and tax regulations
- Experience with managing cryptocurrency wallets and exchanges, including implementing security protocols and managing risks associated with cryptocurrency transactions
- Experience with US GAAP and tax regulations
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter call (45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager call (60 minutes)
- Leadership call (30 minutes)
- Paid work test
- Reference checks
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!
Something looks off?