Technical Project Manager - Mediterranean
Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations including Aave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
About the role:
At OpenZeppelin, we are seeking an experienced, customer-facing Technical Project Manager who is passionate about blockchain and decentralization. As a Technical Project Manager, you will own the security audit delivery process and be responsible for delivering high-quality reports that meet our clients' needs.
- Manage the audit process end to end, including scheduling, kick-off meetings, client communications, process improvement, and report delivery.
- Ensure team productivity and wellness is balanced with the delivery expectations of clients and management.
- Coordinate with Sales during the pre-sales cycle to schedule audits.
- Evaluate and escalate issues to management and facilitate prompt resolution.
- Coordinate with Marketing to publish audit reports.
- Define and manage continuous improvement initiatives that target high business impact for the organization.
- Build alliances with cross-org and cross-functional stakeholders who have similarly aligned priorities.
- You have a technical background and are comfortable with coding and code management tools.
- You are passionate about the blockchain space and decentralization with a technical perspective.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with clients on both technical and non-technical topics.
- You have experience with software scoping and Git version control.
- You have demonstrated experience working with professional services scheduling software.
- You have the abilities needed to work collaboratively in a remote, distributed team.
Nice to have:
- Technical experience with blockchain technologies or computer security. Basic understanding of Solidity or other smart contract languages (e.g. Rust) is a plus.
- Project management certification (PMP, Scrum Master, etc).
- Client-facing experience roles (i.e., Account management and/or sales).
- PMO or other people management experience.
- Cybersecurity and/or auditing experience.
Unfortunately, we are only looking for remote candidates that are located in: Europe, Mediterranean or Middle East.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (45mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (45mins)
- PM Team Interview (60mins)
- Leadership Interview (30mins)
- Paid work test
- Reference checks
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!
Something looks off?