Senior Software Engineer
Corintis is a startup that is a provider of advanced semiconductor cooling technologies. Some of the biggest challenges of our lifetime, from climate modeling to drug discovery, constantly require more computing power. More powerful chips generate more heat; extracting this heat is a major challenge for our future.
Current cooling systems are not only limited but also wasteful; cooling data centers consume more power than London and New York combined. At Corintis, we remove these limitations by integrating cooling directly inside the chip. We enable the sustainable computing of the future to address the biggest global challenges.
Working at Corintis
Corintis offers a friendly and team-oriented workplace bringing together a diverse group of nationalities to solve the biggest computing challenges of tomorrow. Based on the EPFL campus near Lausanne, we are closely connected to the local ecosystem and are located a few minutes walk from Lake Geneva.
- Design, develop, and implement large-scale software projects.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code primarily in Python.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Provide guidance and support to junior developers, aiding in their professional development.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Extensive experience with Python and familiarity with its ecosystems.
- Demonstrated experience in building large, complex software systems.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Strong familiarity with industry-standard design patterns and best practices.
- Fluent in English, with strong communication skills.
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle.
What we offer:
A dynamic, flexible, innovative, and multicultural work environment
Start date: ASAP
Activity rate: 100%
Location: On-site, Corintis SA (Building C), EPFL innovation park, Switzerland
Due to Swiss immigration regulations, only European applications and Swiss permit holders will be considered.