We are looking for a motivated microfabrication intern to join our team working on next-generation microfluidic cooling for high-performance computing applications.
Corintis is a provider of advanced semiconductor cooling technologies. Some of the biggest challenges of our lifetime, from climate modeling to drug discovery, require ever-increasing computing resources. As more specialized - and powerful - chips are being deployed in data centers all over the world, the efficient cooling of these large computing clusters has become a major economic and environmental concern. In fact, the energy devoted to data center cooling in the near future is estimated to match the combined power consumption of London and New York. Moreover, next-generation chip designs are expected to be limited by current cooling technologies. At Corintis, we propose to address these challenges by integrating cooling directly inside the silicon chip. By doing so, we aim to enable the sustainable computing of the future and allow other innovators to work on the biggest global challenges. Today, we are working alongside some of the biggest names in the industry to enable the next generation of sustainable high-performance data centers.
About the opportunity:
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to make a contribution to the development and the manufacturing of our products.
Duration: 6 months
About the role:
- Carry out silicon processing activities for different projects and product lines.
- Define microfabrication process flows for new projects and discuss with the clean room staff members for the validation of the proposal.
- Carry out clean room process development (troubleshooting, optimization, validation) for new and existing products. .
- Organize and maintain run cards and other information for different projects.
The ideal profile for us:
- MSc (or close to completion) in electrical engineering, micro engineering, applied physics, chemical engineering or material science.
- Experience in working in clean room environments (ideally at the EPFL Center for MicroNano technology (CMi)).
- Experience with standard microfabrication processes (photolithography, thin-film deposition, etching, bonding…) and metrology techniques (optical microscope, SEM, mechanical & optical profilometer).
- Ability to carry out full manufacturing activities on complete microfabrication process flows.
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics
- Effective communication skills and able to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Get things done mentality.
What we offer:
- A dynamic, flexible, innovative, and multicultural work environment bridging the gap between cutting-edge academia and a deep tech startup.
- Start date: ASAP
- Activity rate: 100%
- Salary: 2,500 CHF per month
- Location: On-site, Corintis SA, EPFL Innovation park Lausanne, Switzerland