Account Manager / Senior Account Manager, East Coast US
bit.bio is an award-winning spinout from the University of Cambridge. Our breakthrough technology combines synthetic and stem cell biology for the precise, efficient and consistent reprogramming of human cells used in research, drug discovery, and cell therapy. At bit.bio, we are passionate about engineering human cells that will enable the medicine of the future. To do this we need talented and curious people who want to make an impact on the future of science and therapeutics.
As a team of individuals, we value science, collaboration, openness, curiosity and creativity. We are united by trust and respect for each other.
Location: Remote, East Coast US
Salary: Competitive / Hours: 40 p/w
Home based - East Coast US Territory
Your role in our team:
We are looking for an Account Manager / Senior Account Manager with a strong background in in cell biology and scientific product sales. The individual will focus on the direct selling of bit.bio’s iPSC-derived cell products for basic research and drug discovery purposes in academic and commercial sectors (e.g., Pharma, Biotech and contract research organisations).
The individual will help drive revenue for the assigned regional territory (North America East) and will develop, implement, and drive the growth strategy of the off the shelf iPSC derived cell types and disease models within the Drug Discovery and Life science sectors. Reporting into their assigned Regional Manager, the individual will have access to and be expected to leverage product managers and a team of scientists to access the wider external R&D community. The position will be essentially home based within the assigned territory (North America East), although the role will require regular interaction with the Cambridge offices of Bit Bio Ltd.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy alongside the Regional Manager.
- Ownership of the complete sales process for iPSC derived cell products in the assigned territory with an ability to identify leads, assess the value of the opportunities, follow the sale stage process in HubSpot and close out/win the opportunities. This includes:
- Prospecting / qualifying leads in the territory to generate new opportunities that convert from leads to sales of iPSC-derived products.
- Utilise tools such as Global Data, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other lead generation tools to assist in prospecting, background intel preparation and positioning of our Product offering to support interactions with customers.
- Utilise both digital meetings and in-person travel to customer sites to make formal product offering presentations.
- Responsible for Quotation preparation, negotiation process and proactively developing the customer base from tactical to more longer-term strategic relationships through the establishing cell supply partnerships for up to 100 million to 1 billion cells or more.
- Working closely with the Marketing Department, feeding back the voice of the customer and implementing an advocate strategy that supports our marketing efforts.
- Supporting the Commercial team with attendance at scientific conferences, symposiums and table-top events
The above list is not exhaustive, and the candidate is required to undertake such responsibilities within the scope of the post.
- Are a BSc Life Science graduate or equivalent, preferably with a specific background in Cell and Molecular Biology or equivalent experience
- Have an understanding of the drug discovery process
- Are respectful of others, with the ability to work effectively as part of an International, National and Regional team
- Have the ability to build rapport quickly, are organised and detailed-orientated, with strong communication skills - written and verbal - at all levels within an organisation
- Possess high levels of responsibility and accountability and thrive in both team and independent working environments
With essential experience in…
- For Account Manager - either demonstrable technical sales experience in related Life Science sector ideally with an experience of selling cell-based products OR proven drug discovery experience with complex cell models and assay development in a Pharma/Biotech setting
- For Senior Account Manager - either significant technical sales experience in related Life Science sector ideally with an experience of selling cell-based products OR significant drug discovery experience with complex cell models and assay development in a Pharma/Biotech setting
- Experience of working with biotech, pharma, CROs and academic customers in the Territory (North America East)
- Proven experience / knowledge in prospecting for leads, assessing the value of an opportunity, sales planning and able to execute on the devised commercial strategy
- Good level of proficiency in customer and product presentations and demonstrated an ability to present to scientific community
- Knowledgeable and good level of competence with HubSpot database or equivalent CRM to manage sales process
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the drug discovery process
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types
- MSc / PhD, in Life Sciences discipline
- Solid technical scientific background coupled with professional sales experience
- Good understanding of common techniques and technologies used to differentiate iPSC cell into human cell types.
- A knowledge and skills to analyse and interpret data and produce sales reports to support regional performance
More reasons to join us:
bit.bio provides a vibrant and dynamic work environment in an exciting, fast-moving time for biology. We work with cutting edge technologies and with our world-leading scientific advisory board. We conduct pioneering work with real-world impact.
We trust our people to make significant contributions early on with opportunities to be involved in projects that are key to the success and growth of our young company. We invest in people, creating opportunities for personal development in an inclusive multi-skilled team with ambitious goals that provide opportunities to learn on the job from each other.
Creativity and open minds are encouraged for everyone to contribute to the success of the company.
For information on how we will manage your data please see our Candidate Privacy Notice