Technical Sales Engineer
IT, Sales & Business Development
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
AnySignal is a startup whose mission is to usher in the next generation of RF products and services. For the most demanding space and defense missions, AnySignal provides a flexible platform with world-class performance that is easy to deploy, monitor, purchase, and upgrade.
Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds that cover cloud computing to artificial intelligence, communications and sensing, embedded systems, and much more.
AnySignal is seeking a Technical Sales Engineer who will be the primary product and technical expert to prospective government and commercial customers, and will be responsible for winning new business. You will be part of the business team team, who are the external ambassadors of AnySignal to our clients and partners, and serve as the bridge between the external and internal communities. To succeed, you will need to develop, build, and maintain relationships with external as well as internal stakeholders, including engineering, program management, and finance. You will maintain responsibility for ensuring AnySignal products exceed client expectations and mission demands, and will be responsible to pushing for continued product improvements.
- Be the primary technical lead for new client engagements. Generate and capture new business opportunities, as well as grow existing business lines. You will succeed by developing a thorough understanding of the client base, understanding the product development roadmap, and maintaining awareness of the competitive landscape.
- Initiate, nuture, and maintain external relationships with commercial and government client stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate our value to clients. You must be able to convey our value proposition to the external community and act as a brand ambassador. You will lead all technical conversations with customers' engineering teams.
- Solicit customer feedback and relay this to the product development teams to inform and influence future roadmap
- Support development of pre-sales materials and product collateral
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in business development, sales, product, or engineering, especially within defense or aerospace industries
- Prior experience and technical knowledge of radiofrequency engineering, digital signal processing, embedded systems, or software defined radios as well as other complex systems that involve both hardware and software to be able to communicate effectively with customers
- Strong sales track record with the ability to consistently meet or exceed revenue targets
- Experience writing knowledge based articles or technical documentation
- Must be willing to travel (~25% of the time)
In order to comply with the space technology export rules of the U.S. Government, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), it is necessary to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a protected individual as specified by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or possess eligibility to secure the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. For additional information on ITAR, please seek further details.
AnySignal values and fosters an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel respected, supported and able to participate. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQIA2S+ and others who may contribute to diversification in our environment.
Should you have a need for accommodation, AnySignal will endeavor to meet your accommodation needs. At any stage of the recruitment and selection process you may make your needs for accommodation known through contacting our team, in confidence, by email to: email@example.com. We aim to provide equal access to all applicants with disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us about accommodations.