Software Engineer (Low-Level Networking)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
AnySignal is a startup whose mission is to usher in the next generation of RF products and services. For the most demanding space and defense missions, AnySignal provides a flexible platform with world-class performance that is easy to deploy, monitor, purchase, and upgrade.
Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds that cover cloud computing to artificial intelligence, communications and sensing, embedded systems, and much more.
We are looking for a software engineer specializing in networking. Software you work on will be deployed to flight computers, groundstations, cloud environments, and embedded Linux boxes. You will play a key role in the development of highly reliable and available software systems for our terrestrial network as well as customer payloads in space. This role requires deep expertise in C++, C, and IP networking.
- Provide feedback on architecture, design, and code to ensure that the software systems are well-designed and meet the requirements.
- Implement networking protocols designed for space applications
- Design and implement packet multiplexing logic
- Develop software systems that are both highly reliable and available for low latency and high capacity
- 4+ years of experience developing C++/C software for Linux-based systems
- Expertise in networking protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.)
- Exposure to Linux kernel development
- C++ expertise in high-performance systems
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with writing production-quality code in Python or Golang
We are also open to part time or contracting work as well, so please apply if you're interested in that sort of engagement.
In order to comply with the space technology export rules of the U.S. Government, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), it is necessary to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a protected individual as specified by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or possess eligibility to secure the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. For additional information on ITAR, please seek further details.
AnySignal values and fosters an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel respected, supported and able to participate. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQIA2S+ and others who may contribute to diversification in our environment.
Should you have a need for accommodation, AnySignal will endeavor to meet your accommodation needs. At any stage of the recruitment and selection process you may make your needs for accommodation known through contacting our team, in confidence, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to provide equal access to all applicants with disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us about accommodations.