Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
AnySignal is a startup whose mission is to usher in the next generation of RF products and services. For the most demanding space and defense missions, AnySignal provides a flexible platform with world-class performance that is easy to deploy, monitor, purchase, and upgrade.
Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds that cover cloud computing to artificial intelligence, communications and sensing, embedded systems, and much more.
We are searching for an experienced FPGA Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing digital and signal processing systems, as well as creating firmware for a variety of hardware components. This role requires strong VHDL skills, experience developing firmware for Xilinx FPGA platforms, and familiarity with high-speed serial links. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of digital designs, DSP fundamentals, and possesses excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Deliver highly reliable firmware for our custom-designed hardware.
- Work closely with engineers across different teams to develop new products, from initial prototype through production and deployment.
- Take ownership of firmware products, including verification testing and writing documentation.
- Implement logic designs and signal processing algorithms.
- Integrate designs onto FPGA/SoC platforms and validate the devices that communicate and operate in space.
- Follow and contribute to our software development process.
- Contribute to hardware design discussions and assist in hardware debugging.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related scientific discipline, OR 2+ years of professional FPGA development experience.
- Experience developing for FPGA platforms.
- Expertise in writing firmware in VHDL and using the Xilinx toolchain.
- Experience with high-speed serial links, including GbE, PCI-E, or similar.
- Familiarity with high-reliability, safety-critical, and fault-tolerant systems.
- Hardware debug experience, with familiarity with tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers (SPI, CAN, Ethernet, or similar).
- Experience developing software for embedded systems in C or C++, or significant experience in another software language.
- Comfortable reading circuit design schematics.
- Experience with complex digital designs and stages of silicon development: RTL design, verification, synthesis, timing analysis, and lab bring up/validation.
- Solid understanding of DSP fundamentals and experience interfacing with high-rate conversion interfaces (Xilinx RFSoC, AD9361).
- Experience designing and modeling DSP blocks and algorithms (filters, modems, etc.).
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as bash, Perl, or Python.
We are also open to part time or contracting work as well, so please apply if you're interested in that sort of engagement.
In order to comply with the space technology export rules of the U.S. Government, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), it is necessary to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a protected individual as specified by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or possess eligibility to secure the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. For additional information on ITAR, please seek further details.
AnySignal values and fosters an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel respected, supported and able to participate. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQIA2S+ and others who may contribute to diversification in our environment.
Should you have a need for accommodation, AnySignal will endeavor to meet your accommodation needs. At any stage of the recruitment and selection process you may make your needs for accommodation known through contacting our team, in confidence, by email to: email@example.com. We aim to provide equal access to all applicants with disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us about accommodations.