Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
AnySignal is a startup whose mission is to usher in the next generation of RF products and services. For the most demanding space and defense missions, AnySignal provides a flexible platform with world-class performance that is easy to deploy, monitor, purchase, and upgrade.
Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds that cover cloud computing to artificial intelligence, communications and sensing, embedded systems, and much more.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our dynamic teams of networking, embedded, DSP, FPGA, and hardware engineers in the design, development, and testing of critical software and hardware for our terrestrial and space-based communication systems. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of C++, C, VHDL programming languages, digital and mixed-signal circuit design, digital system simulation, high-speed digital circuits, and a background in Linux-based systems. Proven experience managing technical teams is required. This role requires someone who is equally comfortable overseeing project management and architecture, as well as providing technical mentorship to engineering teams.
- Lead a team of software engineers, DSP engineers, FPGA engineers, electrical engineers, and hardware technicians in the design and implementation of software, firmware, and hardware for flight computers, ground stations, and cloud environments.
- Oversee the development and implementation of networking protocols designed for space applications, packet multiplexing logic, high-reliability, high-capacity software systems, digital signal processing algorithms, and electronic hardware.
- Ensure the development of reliable software, firmware, and hardware deployment, testing, and data analysis in a continuous integration environment.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders to ensure that software, firmware, and hardware systems meet organizational needs and align with the company's strategic goals.
- Provide technical mentorship, facilitate skill development within the team, and manage individual performance.
- Establish and enforce engineering best practices and processes.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience managing technical teams and leading complex projects.
- Extensive experience developing C++, C, and VHDL software for FPGA and Linux-based systems, including processors and microcontrollers (ARM, PowerPC, x86, etc.)
- Experience with digital and mixed-signal circuit schematic capture and board design.
Familiarity with high-speed digital circuits, standard interfaces such as Ethernet, CAN, I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB, etc., and electronic CAD tools.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP, UDP, etc.), Linux kernel development, high-performance systems, and digital design principles.
- Experience with RF sensors or related systems, software-defined radios, and DSP implementation for embedded devices.
- Understanding of digital communication systems, including spread spectrum, forward error correction, and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and PCM/FM.
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, and C/C++
- Familiarity with wireless communication standards, high-speed serial links such as GbE, PCI-E, and analysis related to RF sensing systems.
- Experience in an aerospace or similar high-tech industry is a plus.
We are also open to part time or contracting work as well, so please apply if you're interested in that sort of engagement.
In order to comply with the space technology export rules of the U.S. Government, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), it is necessary to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a protected individual as specified by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or possess eligibility to secure the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. For additional information on ITAR, please seek further details.
AnySignal values and fosters an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel respected, supported and able to participate. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQIA2S+ and others who may contribute to diversification in our environment.
Should you have a need for accommodation, AnySignal will endeavor to meet your accommodation needs. At any stage of the recruitment and selection process you may make your needs for accommodation known through contacting our team, in confidence, by email to: email@example.com. We aim to provide equal access to all applicants with disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us about accommodations.