Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
AnySignal is a startup whose mission is to usher in the next generation of RF products and services. For the most demanding space and defense missions, AnySignal provides a flexible platform with world-class performance that is easy to deploy, monitor, purchase, and upgrade.
Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds that cover cloud computing to artificial intelligence, communications and sensing, embedded systems, and much more.
We are looking for an RF/DSP engineer to join our team and lead the design, development, and integration of DSP algorithms for our communication systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital signal processing, experience with embedded devices, and knowledge of wireless communication standards.
- Lead the design, development, and integration of DSP algorithms for our communication systems.
- Collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of software and hardware engineers to develop software defined radios and implement modem algorithms.
- Drive decisions on sensor firmware and software designs for aerospace applications.
- Design and test on-orbit and ground-based sensor data processing algorithms.
- Perform on-orbit demonstrations and testing to ensure optimal performance and reliability of our communication systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering; or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience with DSP implementation for embedded devices and/or software defined radios.
- Strong knowledge of Python, MATLAB, and C/C++.
- Experience with RF sensors or related systems, software-defined radios, and frameworks, such as GNU Radio.
- Knowledge of digital communication systems including spread spectrum, forward error correction, and modulation types such as FSK, BPSK, QPSK, QAM, and PCM/FM.
- Familiarity with wireless communication standards.
- Understanding of link budgets and analysis related to RF sensing systems.
- Experience developing C++/C software for Linux-based systems, including processors and microcontrollers (MPSoC, ARM, PowerPC, x86, etc.)
We are also open to part time or contracting work as well, so please apply if you're interested in that sort of engagement.
In order to comply with the space technology export rules of the U.S. Government, such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), it is necessary to be a U.S. citizen, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a protected individual as specified by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or possess eligibility to secure the necessary authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. For additional information on ITAR, please seek further details.
AnySignal values and fosters an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel respected, supported and able to participate. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, veterans, people who identify as LGBTQIA2S+ and others who may contribute to diversification in our environment.
Should you have a need for accommodation, AnySignal will endeavor to meet your accommodation needs. At any stage of the recruitment and selection process you may make your needs for accommodation known through contacting our team, in confidence, by email to: email@example.com. We aim to provide equal access to all applicants with disabilities, please do not hesitate to contact us about accommodations.